Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Visions of Greene County

About GreCo360

greene county courthouse photo
© michaeleboydphotography.com

GreCo360 is a visual interpretation of
the people and life in Greene County, Ohio
produced by photographer Michael E. Boyd

As a young kid, I ran around the streets taking pictures of anything that caught my eye. Then in 1985 I was fortunate enough to land a job as a photographer with The Xenia Daily Gazette, a Pulitzer prize winning newspaper. Growing up in Greene County, it seemed like an ideal job. And it was.
 
My formal photographic training was in portraiture at the Ohio Institute of Photography (which later became the Ohio Institute of Photography and Technology and now is know as Kaplan College). However I really honed my photography skills while serving the local community as a photojournalist for 15 years, working with an array of other photographers, editors and writers, all the while meeting people from all walks of life.

Many things have changed in the newspaper, photographic, printing and publishing industries, all from which I have made my living by
over the years.

Now a days we live in a digital realm and it seems like the world demands instant results on everything, often overlooking the obvious.

One of my favorite quotes, by John Burroughs, sums it up for me. "I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."

So don't be surprised if many of the images which appear here to be nature based.
Many times the posts will contain what I consider to be some of the Hidden Jewels of Greene County. Most of the time the posts will contain one or two photos and an extended caption.

GreCo360 is dedicated to all the people in Greene County and the content produced here will all have been created from within the geographical boundaries of the county.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you enjoy my interpretation of the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment